Improving and caring for local woodlands using traditional and sustainable methods
- Learning woodland skills, including safety and first aid
- Managing local woodlands for biodiversity
- Enjoying the beauty and tranquillity of our woodlands
- Benefitting from improved physical and mental health from the woodland's 'green gym'
Woodland management to date has included:
- Clearing invasive species, -Making a woodland ride
- Creating new wildlife habitat with woodpiles and dead hedging
- Tree Identification and Coppicing, -Hand Tool sharpening
- Restoration of Woodland central pond feature.
- Wildflower planting and Installation of Bird nestboxes
- Learning wood splitting and bench making.
Future work will include:
- Creation of nature trails
- Improve drainage to prevent winter flooding. ( in progress)
- Thinning of new growth