ADAPT has a manifesto with five goals:
- Grow more food locally
- Shop local
- Generate micro electricity locally
- Increase energy efficiency in our buildings
- Reduce transport CO2 emissions locally
Our working groups address these goals and have developed action plans.
- All groups consider how initiatives can create job opportunities, thereby contributing to the sustainability of the local economy.
- There is also a group working on a communications strategy — to make available information about transition and about ADAPT's activities.
Collaboration and Networking
One of ADAPT's guiding principles is collaboration to avoid duplication and competition; another is networking to share knowledge and experience and avoid reinventing the wheel.
- Local level: ADAPT is very aware that there are other groups and initiatives in the villages already doing great work on projects compatible with the ADAPT manifesto. So, please don't hesitate to contact us if you think we're in danger of not linking with a relevant group.
- Regional level: ADAPT has links to groups in the Low Carbon Communities Network.
- National and international levels: ADAPT can exchange with the wider Transition Network and learn from the sustainability experiments of a wide range of organisations such as the New Economics Foundation and Forum for the Future.